I am currently supervising two PhD students:
I would be delighted to receive proposals from prospective doctoral researchers planning to work in the areas of:
- The political economy of development
- Historical sociology of the Middle East
- Contemporary Egyptian and Turkish politics
- Authoritarian neoliberalism
- Historical materialist and postcolonial/decolonial approaches in IR/IPE
- Marxist historiography
If you would like to pursue a PhD degree under my supervision please include the following documents/details when you email me:
- A research proposal (maximum 2 pages). If you need some guidance on how to frame your proposal and application in general, check out these helpful posts by Alison Phipps and Chris Blattman.
- A brief statement about why you specifically want me to supervise your project.
- Your up-to-date CV and transcripts.
Please visit the School’s postgraduate research degrees page for more information on the application process.